Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fun Gifts

Back when I posted Gifts and Secret Keepin, I was bursting with some of the secrets I had. One of them was a gift for my bestie. She asked me to babysit 4yo boy and 2yo girl one Saturday and of course I was chomping at the bit to do it. I love her kiddos and we always have so much fun when we are together. A few days before they came, I had an idea that we could do an art project and they could give it to their mom and dad as Christmas gifts. So where does any smart girl go when needing a craft idea?? Pinterest. I kept thinking I wanted to do something on a canvas. I knew I did not want to do anything for Christmas because by the time they would open it, Christmas would be almost over. I wanted it to be soemthing that stayed up all year long.

That's when I stumbled upon this canvas art idea. Everything I wanted and still something the kids could do. And since I was worried the 2yo would try to eat the paint, the edible paint part was perfect.


I bought these packs of canvas's at Hobby Lobby for a great price. I envisioned a smaller canvas with each initial and a larger one with the word LOVE.








I taped them up before they got to the house.








The weather wasn't that great, so I laid out an old duvet cover and they kids went to town. They were so excited, even though it was a sticky mess. Even my 16yo wanted in on the fun with the extra canvas.

I was worried they would never dry.






The final product. I was definitely more excited than they were, but that's ok. I swore the 4yo old to secrecy but he isn't very reliable. I've given him large amounts of Dr. Pepper and told him not to tell only to have him rat me out first chance he gets. 



 As for as I know, he didn't tell. And mom and dad seemed happily surprised when they opened their gifts.

Hope they get to enjoy it for a long while. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment