Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What I Made Wednesday ~ Happy New Year

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of my amazing followers!! 2012 was great, but is is always nice to start fresh and I very much look forward to all the blessings 2013 has in store.

Even though my blog is fairly new, I very much look forward to WIMW's and have a hard time deciding what to show y'all. And since my last two WIMW's were cakes, I thought I'd ring in the New Year with a knitting project.

I do not remember why I wanted to learn knitting. I think I saw Charlotte do it on an episode of Sex And The City (may be NSFW). I was never much of a Charlotte, but that episode inspired me. Unlike my baking hobby, knitting is something I can do and enjoy. And not get fat from.

When my best friend in the world was going to have a baby, I decided I wanted to knit my first blanket. I bought Claire Montgomerie's Easy Baby Knits because everything inside it looked so cute and sweet. I loved the blanket she did and knew it would be perfect for baby W.

It is a horrible picture, and as you can see, I did not do the patches correctly. But I am actually really proud of this. It was the biggest thing I'd ever knitted. And it is so soft in all Debbie Bliss cashmerino

I have made another since then for another friends daughter.  
I love the colors of this. I have a ton of this beautiful yarn left and cant wait to make more things with it. Although, maybe not this baby blanket. 

This sucker takes a loooooooong time but it is so rewarding when you are done. Now, I am off to knit  a cowl to be posted on a future WIMW!

No comments:

Post a Comment