Friday, January 4, 2013

Faithful Fridays ~ 1

Something new on the blog today, and every Friday going forward, Faithful Fridays. I was thinking I would post a prayer, Bible verse, spiritual passage. Something that would benefit me by having to go out and look for it, and hopefully benefit you. I find, when I read something out of the blue, or hear a Bible passage randomly, it means more to me. I think it is because God knows what I need to hear at that moment and He sends it to me. 
Now, I am a faithful Catholic, so some days, it could be a prayer about a Saint or The Blessed Mother. My hope is that this post will enhance my spirituality and yours. 

My Thereseian community is studying Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World.  When I first started this book I thought, I am a Martha, I will always be a Martha. But, in reading it, I find that I WANT to be a Mary. Life is crazy and hectic and we are all always busy with kids, work, and the house. This book shows you that God wants us to slow down and listen to him.
The book is based on the Bible passage Luke 10:
At the Home of Martha and Mary
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!" "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.
 The book is excellent so far, we are currently on Chapter 7, but that Bible passage sums it up. Choosing to sit and listen is what God wants us to do.  It is hard for me to do this, but I pray all the time for it to get better. 

Hope you enjoyed my first Faithful Friday. Have a great weekend!!




4 comments:

  1. Great ost. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope we all get something out of it.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this! What a great way to share faith and inspiration with others :)

    ReplyDelete