Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What I Made Wednesday ~ Ice Cream Cake & Cookies

I do not bake often. Usually for my close friends and their children's parties. My bestie was having her 2 year olds party at an icecream shop, and asked me to make the cake. We both researched cakes online and found the perfect cake. I had never worked with ganache before, but it was so easy. The cake came out beautiful and it is one of my proudest baking accomplishments. 
The cake was just white box cake, honestly, I cant make cake taste better on my own. So I use box mix. The icing is all butter cream and it is 3 layers inside. For the "ice cream" part on top, I kept some batter off to the side and made 3 cupcakes. After I iced the cake, I mixed the crumbled cupcakes with the ganache and let it harden in the fridge. Later, I took it out and gently placed it onto the cake. Then I carefully spooned the ganache on top. I had never been so nervous in my life. HA!! Everyone loved it though. I am still quite proud.


I also make a mean sugar cookie. I use Sweetopia's sugar cookie and royal icing recipe. LOVE these cookies.  
Since the whole party was pink and white, I thought, why not have strawberry and vanella ice cream cookies??         


In hindsight, I should have drawn cone lines on the cone, but other than that, I think they came out really cute. And everyone seemed to enjoy them. It was such a great party and we all had a great sugar filled time.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment