Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I Made Wednesday ~ Cross Cookies

Over the Christmas break, a friend of a friend needed cross shaped cookies for for her babies baptism. I had never made crosses before so I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the cookie cutter. I was excited because it was long and shaped. But once I started decorating them, I realized the shape of the cross made icing them the way I wanted a little more difficult. I use Sweetopia's sugar cookie and royal icing recipes. Her cookies are DELISH!!! With 5 sticks of butter, how could they not be?!?

This is the final product. I think they could have been better, but I always think that. The mom loved them and said they were a hit at the Baptismal party.

I think I will try to find a plain, straight cross cookie cutter. But, at the end of the day, I may think they do not look good, but I do know they taste great!! (I get to eat the mess ups ;)

4 comments:

  1. Well-done, those biscuits look great :)
    Am a new follower
    x
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the link up...those are really pretty. Icing cookies is always tricky but you did a fab job!! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, and I love the blue frosting! I'm so glad you found my blog, so I could find yours! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.

    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-1.html

    Also,My daughter, Kisha, also is taking over Fill In the Blank Fridays. The person doing it has decided she can't do it anymore so Kisha is now doing it. Her first one is today. Would love for you to join us there also. It's a fun one. Her blog ishttp://www.kjaggers.com/2013...

    You can also go to her page and at the to sign up for a reminder on both of these each week
 Have a wonderful evening. :)

    ReplyDelete