Friday, January 18, 2013

Faithful Fridays ~ Healing Service

Last night I had the opportunity to attend a Healing Service by Father Manny Fernandez. This was my third time, but it was by far the most special. I work in a Catholic high school and every year a group of parents put on this very special event.
We usually have about 300 people in attendance, which is wonderful but it does make for a long night. But this year, half of the crowd was students from the high school. It was so very special and wonderful to see so many young come to the Lord. I felt privileged to be a part of it.
Please join me in praying for Father as he travels back to the Philippines, his home country, to perform a wedding. He is such a wonderful person, I truly believe he will be a Saint someday. To know that he is praying for me gives me so much peace. His favorite prayer, which has become one of my favorites is 

O Holy Spirit,                                 
Beloved of my soul, I adore You.           
Enlighten me, guide me,                      
Strengthen me, Console me,                
Tell me what I should do.                      
Give me Your orders.                           
I promise to submit myself to all that     
You desire of me.                                
And to accept all that You permit to happen to me.                                     
Please God, the Holy Spirit, let me only know Your will
Amen.     
Prayer of Cardinal Mercier 

Fr. Manny Fernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment